Sunday, October 19, 2008



We had a full UEA weekend this year. The weather is absolutely gorgeous and I don't remember a fall with more vibrant colors or mild temperatures. I took the kids to Barnyard Boo out at Thanksgiving Point on Thursday.  I had never been before, and we had a great time.  Early Friday morning we took Gavin down to the hospital to have his second set of tubes put in his ears and his adenoids taken out. He seems to take after me in the "don't let the doctor touch me" department. But we had a great anesthesiologist who treated him like gold and made the whole experience much, much easier than last time.  I'm writing a letter to the hospital to sing his praise. Gavin has been a champ during recovery.  We had hoped that losing the adenoids would alleviate his snoring, but last night when I checked on him he was as loud as ever, I could hear him down the hall - poor kid. We spent the rest of the day at Cornbelly's which has been a really fun Halloween tradition for our family. A highlight for us this year was getting to crack open a geode and launching pumpkins out of a canon. We also found that Avery goes nuts over slides.  The boys are getting braver every year when it comes to "The Beast" (a dragon-like monster that you walk through similar to a haunted house) but they still don't love it like I do. Halloween is my #2 most favorite holiday - second only to Christmas.  Saturday night, Grandma & Grandpa Blick came over because Jason cooked a dutch oven dinner for us that was AMAZING! Thanks Jason. Sunday we spent with my dad's side of the family. It was a good old fashioned Lund family Sunday. It was a great UEA - and now it's back to school, work and laundry. 



1 comment:

sherrie said...

Good job being so brave Gavin...Owen loves your hat and your dress (don't worry - I told him that is what they MADE you wear)!!! Sherrie