Monday, June 1, 2009



On Memorial Day weekend we traveled to Mesa, Arizona, where much of my extended family lives to visit my cousin who is on his way to Boise, Idaho to serve his mission! I've been thinking about families a lot lately because we have been talking about them in primary so much this year. And lately I have come to better understand how important those relationships are! Last weekend I went to the baptism of my friends son. They are a tight knit polynesian family, and there were so many family members who attended that we had to move the meeting into the chapel. After the baptism, while we waited for the father and son to change out of their wet clothes, a younger brother, about 5 years old, sang primary songs to us from the microphone. It was so sweet and I was thinking how brave he was, when suddenly in the middle of a verse of I Am a Child of God, he stopped singing! He had forgotten the words. Within a second, the entire family joined together to continue the song! The boy was able to remember the words, and he stepped back up to the microphone to continue where he left off. I started to think about my family, and how when someone loses their way (including myself) the rest are there to continue on, to show us the way and love us. And with time we are able to remember who we are and what we are supposed to do.

3 comments:

Maren said...

I love your comments on family. I have been pondering the same subject for the last several months and it is so clear to me how the Lord has made the family such an integral part of his plan. Even to the point of the ward functioning so much like a family. Oh how our Heavenly Father must love us to give us the opportunity to grow within such a blessed group environment. We truly are never alone.

Gayleen said...

Thanks for that wonderful thought on the importance of family, especially our extended family!

hillary and britton said...

You are very right about family!The story of the little singing boy is very sweet-thank for sharing.