Thursday, April 9, 2009

This is a really great recipe I got from my friend Maureen!  We usually have it at Thanksgiving, but I was craving it, and seeing as it's made from carrots and all, I thought it would be perfect for Easter.   
Carrot Soup
Saute in soup pot:
  • 6 TBS unsalted butter
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup ginger root
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
Add and cook until soft:
  • 7 c. chicken broth
  • 1 c. white wine
  • 1 1/2 lb. carrots
Add:
  • 2 TBS lemon juice
  • salt & pepper
  • fresh chives
  • pinch of curry
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Reheat and serve!

1 comment:

Hilarie said...

That recipe sounds good, I make a carrot soup with coriander and cumin added, if you like I can send the recipe & you can compare. I'll have to try yours & add it as an Easter tradition, how fun! I liked your comment about never being in any pictures, I am going to make a post within the next week with a few. Thanks for the reminder. :)