Wednesday, April 22, 2009





We spent our Spring Break in Puerta Vallarta with Some of Jeremy's Family.  We were excited to spend some quality time with our cousins that we never see enough!  We lucked out and had fantastic weather!  It was hard to keep the kids from getting sunburned because they wanted to be outside every second.  Baden loved the pool.  He got very brave this trip and jumped off of a bridge into the water (about a five foot drop ). Gavin was soaking up the culture.  One day he asked me, "Mom, I'm going to live here - how long will it take me to learn Spanish?".  He spent the rest of the day saying "Hola" to everyone he passed, and that night when he was saying his prayer he began to utter a bunch of gibberish and then after said " I said my prayer in Spanish!" Avery was not feeling great, and was a little nervous to get in the water, or touch the sand, or leave my lap for the most part.  She did finally decide to sit on the edge of the pool and run her feet through the water.  A highlight for her was definitely the specialty drinks.  I'm surprised her eyes didn't turn pink after so many Strawberry Smoothies!  It was a great trip! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Blick for the memorable time!  We love you!  

3 comments:

Rachel Lund said...

I'll explain :)...I was only trying to add something else to my comment without making two comments, instead of quietly deleting it so that I can add more to it w/o making ANOTHER comment and hog your page...they have to make it really bad by announcing that I removed my comment and take up the space anyway! Oh well!:) What a great time! I love the cute pictures and funny stories! Hola to Gavin! That is hilarious! What a fun getaway! And what I wanted to add was...I love all the cousins matching outfits--did you buy those in mexico or plan ahead and get them before you left. How lucky to have all of them close in ages and sizes, that is so cute! okay--I'm done now!:)

hillary and britton said...

What an awesome vacation! That's really funny that Gavin 'speaks' Spanish now:) Your family is adorable. Much love!

megan said...

Way cute pics. Great job to Baden for jumping off the bridge! Very brave! I love when kids speak a bunch of gibberish and then claim it was another language--it's cool that Gavin wants to learn Spanish.
Hope Avery is feeling better by now!