Friday, March 25, 2011


All winter long I have been waiting for a day when my chores would be done and I could sit on my couch and just watch the snow fall.  Well today's the day, although I've realized my chores are never through (what was I thinking?)  And today might be my last chance, it is after all March 25 and even though it sometimes seems like it might...Winter does not last forever.  So when I went to pick up the kids from school today I went barefoot in my car - because feeling the hot air from my heater blowing on my cold feet is one of my favorite things (next to driving with the windows down and the AC on in the Summer).  There really is so much to enjoy in the Winter time.  Hot chocolate, cozy sweaters, going to bed early, fluffy socks, ski days, the way my kids look with their backpacks over their coats, putting on my snow boots to shovel the driveway (I don't love shoveling, but I do love putting on my boots), savoring the way the oven warms up my kitchen as I bake.  How many times did I bake snickerdoodles for my kids this Winter? Dozens. These are things that do not happen in the summer, and I will miss these snow days when they're gone.  But spring will soon come, and after this lovely day I will be ready.

2 comments:

sherrie said...

You are right...even a summer lover like myself appreciates those sweet moments winter brings. I love that you enjoy the simple things of life above all else....that's why you're so great.

justified said...

A fresh snowfall is awesome - but I am SO excited for summer nights! They are the best!