Friday, March 25, 2011

Last night Baden pulled his first top tooth (actually his dad pulled it).  Losing teeth at our house is a big deal because we tend to like to hang on to them.  Last Fall the dentist had to pull two of Baden's and Gavin is getting ready to have a few pulled also.  So last night when that tooth came out we all gave a big cheer!  We then spent the next ten minutes talking like Daffy Duck (tho thilly).  This morning the boys were counting the quarters that the Tooth Fairy had left and Gavin said "Only five? Thath Dithpicable!" Ohhh good times.  I'm still giggling about that.  All five of those quarters were promptly spent on Squishies down at the pharmacy first thing after school.  He got several he had been hoping for including a green alligator.  I could see the joy on his face as he ran back to the car and said "YETH! Thith ith the luckieth day of my life!"

We'll have a Jack-O-Lantern for Easter this year. 
Dad's the best tooth puller!  I guess I don't have the guts. 
  

6 comments:

sherrie said...

I'm giggling myself!! I thimply love them!

megan said...

How brave of him to let his dad pull it! Nothing quite like squishies. . .

Jake and Jana said...

Baden! You are getting so BIG! What a cutie :)

Stephani said...

I am so glad you are blogging again! I've been missing you tremendously lately.

Bianca said...

Seems like a very happy kid! So is it the the first lost tooth, or the first lost tooth from the top row? Whatever it is, it's a great sign of a kid growing up. The permanent teeth will certainly be ready to pop up. Good for him!

-Bianca Jackson

Kevin Durant said...

This is such a fun and lighthearted post! I love reading about the little moments and traditions that make a family unique. Losing teeth is a big deal and it's great that you were all able to celebrate Baden's first lost tooth together. The Tooth Fairy visiting and leaving quarters is a nice touch and it's great to see the joy it brought to Gavin. I also found it amusing that you all spent the night talking like Daffy Duck, it must have been a lot of fun. I also love that the quarters were spent on Squishies, it's a great way to make the moment even more special. I'm glad you all shared this moment with us and I hope there are many more to come. Keep the giggles coming!

Kevin durant