Friday, March 4, 2011

It's been 18 months since I last posted. It's been a really busy time in my life.  But a great friend recently inspired me to once again commit to this 'journal'.  In the last year we have experienced some significant events.  Here's an update:


On August 16th 2010, Reese Jean was born.  She is a character.  Our only baby born with hair (brown hair!), she is a beauty.  She is full of life.  Curious, playful, noisy, silly, hungry, delicious.  These are words we use to describe our little Reeses Pieces (Pieces for short). 




In the last few months, we have lost two grandmothers.  First was Jeremy's paternal grandmother Francell Blickenstaff.  She was someone special, I love her so much.  It was hard to let her go because she continued being a mother to all of her family until her last breath.  From the first day I met her, she adopted me as her granddaughter, and I always felt so loved by her. She is so missed. 

Last month my maternal grandmother, Margene Kirk, passed away.  She also was filled with unconditional love.  Her last years were painful, difficult and lonely.  She had lost her eyesight, and was completely dependent for her care.  Yet, I am grateful her life was prolonged, because I was able to see her through adult eyes, and better understand her life.  She was a beautiful person.  There will come a day when we will meet again, and when we do, I will share with her my gratitude, my love and my respect for all she accomplished in her life.  I hope she already knows.  


 Baden was baptized in January.  It was  HUGE moment for us as well as him.  He seems to understand the promises he made much better than I did at his age.  My love and appreciation for the gospel has taken a new meaning as I experience it through my children's eyes.   

My baby sister Kelsey has received a mission call to serve in South Korea.  The process has again allowed my to apply my faith, and see Gods love unfold.  She leaves on the 23rd of this month.  She will be so missed, But I couldn't imagine a better place for her to be right now.  Love you Kels!
  

5 comments:

Rachel Lund said...

Just happen to be on the computer when you posted your updates!!! So glad to see your beautiful pictures and those truly were all major events in your life...so glad we could share in so many of them! Love you guys!

Jake and Jana said...

So EXCITED that you are posting again!! Your little Reese is precious! I wish we were closer so I could see you and your kids more often! Love you and look forward to checking your blog!

sherrie said...

Hey!!! I took a chance to look ...and you posted!! So glad! What awsome memories to have a record of. Love ya!

Mary said...

Welcome back, your family is far to wonderful to not blog about!

megan said...

So glad to see that you posted again!! Please keep it up! I love the pictures of the grandmothers. Sorry to hear about yours.